Days to Disney World

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Juneau, AK. The Windy City?

So I am here in the state capital of Alaska. I was hoping to go out to a glacier and see some Juneau stuff. But to my surprise, it is blowing about 30 to 40 mph out and raining. This does not want to make Matthew go outside. So luckily I have enough stuff to keep myself entertained in my room. The boat ride was ok. It was very choppy and rocky because we were in the open water. I talked to the lady at the counter there and she said usually it is worse than this, I then said well thank goodness it is not. I have never slept so much in my life. I slept all night the first night (because we left at 9 pm) then slept a good portion of the next day. I think I was only up for 4 maybe 5 hours. I took some motion sickness pills not because I was feeling sick but because I was feeling weird. I think I was just frustrated with the constant up and down and side to side of the boat and just wanted to couple of minutes of a break. But anyway I slept the whole night of the next night too. Then last night in the hotel room, I did not get to sleep until 3 am and woke up at 9 am, I am surprised I slept that long. The next boat ride is in between land so the water will be calmer, they say the boat wont even rock that much at all. The weather, or at least the wind, is suppose to get better tomorrow so I well go explore Juneau then, but for right now, today, I am fine with staying inside. I am very excited to get home and mainly I need to give Emily a break. I am more than willing and ready to take over for a while. Unfortunately I will be all over the place as we need to go to St. Louis to pick up her car, then I need to do a lot of stuff at Rock Island Arsenal, then are stuff gets here, then March 2nd I need to go back to Rock Island Arsenal, plus get a job. But I am ready to do that as long as I am with my family. Plus I miss the kitties. So in just a short week or so, I will be home and ready to make another road trip to St. Louis.

1 comment:

Ems said...

You dont have to take over completely. It will just be nice to split the duties!