Days to Disney World

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Last Aces Game

Well tonight was my last Alaska Aces game. It was a very good game played by both teams and the Aces ended up sweeping the 3 game series and they are looking awesome. Emily and I had such a great time over the past couple of years and we even got to see the playoffs in 2005-2006 season which the Aces brought home the Kelly Cup. After that we met great people and had the best time. If there is anything Emily and I have 100% in common it is hockey and that is one of the many reasons that I love her. After the game was over there was an auction for the game worn jerseys because it was the 50th Statehood for Alaska night. The most a jersey went for tonight was $3500, that is the most that I have ever seen and it was Josh Soares of all players. This guy is the best in the ECHL. I am not saying that because he is on the Aces but because last year with the Aces he played 61 games and got a total of 81 points. 36 goals and 45 assists. That was enough to make him All-ECHL last year but for whatever reason he did not make it in the AHL this year. So far this year for the Aces he has played 10 games and has 10 goals and 8 assists and has scored a point in each of the 10 games. Anyway I think the cheapest a jersey went tonight was around $1600 and that is still about the same to more than what I have seen. But I am going to finish the season with the Aces through the computer. I will be both watching and listening to the games on the computer. All at the same time, we will be attending Quad City Flames games and sitting around the arena trying to find where we will hopefully be sitting for the 2009-2010 season. The season tickets are actually cheaper than the Aces Season Tickets. Both Emily and I are very excited to be apart of the AHL league now and next season because it is a step above the ECHL so it is better hockey and a step below the NHL. We are excited to meet new people and make new friends at the hockey games. Although there will not be anyone better than the friends we made at the Aces games. They brought us in and treated us like family. Craig actually invited us out for Thanksgiving and we felt very honored that he did that. Anyway, thank you to the Aces and thank you to the friends we met, Emily and I had the best time and will never forget any of it. Go Aces and now Go Flames!!!

2 comments:

Ems said...

Thank you for making me cry. Again. Just thinking about that last night when I walked out of the Sully for the last time...I am going to miss it so much.

Laurie said...

I thought about you all evening cuz I knew it was the last game. The Mark (iWireless Center) won't know what hit it with that blaring cowbell.