Days to Disney World

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Cats

This whole sending the cat home thing is more frustrating than it is hard to do. Don't get me wrong, it is easy to send the cats home, really it just cost more than anything but not as much as it is frustrating. I got a spot reserved for them on the same flights as Emily will be on. Now the weather we have been getting up here has been a high of -5 all the way to the low of -30 and I have no idea what the wind chill was but the cats will not fly out if the weather is 10 or an lower than that. So we have to have a health certificate for the both of them to fly home but they have to be no more than 10 days out or I have to get new ones after the 10 days are up and they are not the cheapest things in the world. So what I did was I have a Vet appointment set up for the Saturday before the 19th (so the 17th) so if they cant fly out then since I am still up here till the 4th of Feb. then I have that many more days to fly them out when it warms up. Also when I was on the phone with the lady, she was real helpful and really nice but when I told her the size of the kennels (both the same) she was like that is bigger than normal. This kennel situation was really stressing Emily and I out because the kitties have to be standing and their ears not touching the celling. We couldn't find any kennel that was small for kitties without their ears touching so it had to be big. Maybe if the FAA was not a bunch of a-holes than this process would have been easier but if there is one thing I have learned in the past 6.5 years in the military and the job I was in, it is that nothing is easy when dealing with jets and FAA and Uncle Sam. So now we can start dealing with the economy. One thing after another but if there is one constant it is Hayden. This kid is one of the best things in my life that always makes me smile when my stress needle is tacked out. When Emily went off to work last night, Hayden and I were doing back flips and he was sharing is pacifier with me and standing all over the place and just being Hayden. Oh and of course we were talking to the kitties, the both of us. Plus we were banging things together to make noise. I love this kid to death. I will miss my family for the 4 weeks that we will be apart. But look at what I have to look forward to when I finally get home. This ends the mood swings of Matt. Go Aces!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I can't wait until Hayden eats the icing out of the Oreos and shoves the rest under the couch. Oh and then when he leaves his Mt. Dew cans everywhere. Oh and when he hides his homework in the couch cushions. :-P

Your mother

Bonnie said...

Maybe you should just skip buying a couch.