Days to Disney World

Friday, January 23, 2009

Victoria Vs. Aces Game 3

This game was a classic. It went into a shootout, had two "brawls", and was a gritty and tight game. Just like playoff hockey. This is one of the first "brawls" I have seen in real life. I say "brawl" because it was kind of a brawl. A brawl to me equals all players on the ice fighting, a bench clearing brawl is when all of the players are off the bench and on the ice or where ever fighting. Anyway, at this point both teams are sick of each other and Victoria is frustrated. I really wish that the end of this video that things really would of got out of hand. One of these days I will see a brawl and a goalie fight, we all have goals. Here it is:



Later on there was a scrum and you almost have to watch it twice just to get everything in. Not much really happened in it but some stuff did, I really need to start watching them in real life instead of a camera but I love bringing these videos to everyone. Here is the scrum:



These next videos are of the shootout. I think I did a better job filming this one. Our goalie this time is our #1 goalie, J.P. Lamarouex (weird last name, spelling is probably off). This guy is a rookie in the pros and is awesome. He is the leading goalie of the ECHL with wins. Anyway, he has some awesome moves to make stops and you will see them, I think there is one though. The last shooter in the second video is Fillion, he was with the Aces for years and he left to go play in the European Hockey League. There the pay is non-taxable and that's were a lot of players who are not happy go to, they get paid better and whatever. Anyway, Fillion trys a move on J.P. but fails and looks stupid. At the last save when they win, people stood up to fast as Emily informed me that, that was the first time she has seen a goalie do a summer salt after winning a game, I did not get that on video but it is kind of funny watching the team high five each other after they win. Here they are:

1 comment:

Ems said...

This was a game for the ages, and made me sorry to leave. But at the same time I was glad to see some GOOD hockey before we left too. Its a double edge sword...